My writing has appeared in The Wall Street Journal, Reason Magazine, Baltimore Magazine, the Detroit News, PennUnion, The New Democrat, and other outlets. I have published profiles of interesting people, book reviews, and commentary on technology, race, politics, public policy, education, the humanities, and many things related to Baltimore. A member of the National Book Critic's Circle, my focus has been on nonfiction books on past and present culture, new media landscapes, education, and history.
There's a long-term book project I just can't seem to quit, and I am always writing for work, for personal exploration, and to share [interesting things I find online] Here are some highlights:
- Sandra Stotsky. Losing Our Language. The Wall Street Journal
- Paul Fussell. The Great War and Modern Memory: Illustrated Edition. WETA Book Studio
- Karen Armstrong. The Case for God. WETA Book Studio
- John Ellis. The Dark Side of the Left: Illiberal Egalitarianism in America. Society
- Religion and the Racist Right. Detroit News
- Endangered Species. The New Democracy